Cambodia Visa

Cambodia Visa

Cambodia is a member of ASEAN countries consisting of 10 countries, which signed an agreement to have a free flow of labor, service, and goods. In order to get free flow of labor, visa process is a must to do. Therefore, the citizen of the other 9 countries will enter into Cambodia without paying visa fee whereas other expatriates have to pay for their visa on arrival or pre-arrival-contact tour agents. The fee of visa is different depending on nationalities and types of visa required. There are three main types of visa available in Cambodia for any expatriates who attempt to visit or work in Cambodia.

It is really easy to get visa certified in Cambodia. There are may tour agents provide this service entire the country. Expatriates can get either longer or shorter-term visa for their purposes. The three types of visa are:

Cambodian tourist visa (T class) is the best suit with expatriates who have plan staying the territory for 30 days or less than. The 30-day tourist visa is available to travelers in advance or on arrival (for most nationalities) for a cost of $30. The tourist visa is single entry only and can be renewed once for an additional 30 days for a fee of $45. After that, tourist visa holders must leave Cambodia and come back and obtain a new visa.

Cambodian ordinary visa (E class) is also previously known as a Business visa. The ordinary visa is for expatriates who plan to stay or work in Cambodian longer than 30 days. The validity of the visa is for 30 days and costs $35. The difference between the ordinary visa and the tourist visa is that the ordinary one can be extended indefinitely. Be aware that although the “ordinary” visa is often called a “business visa,” it does not confer the right to work in Cambodia. In order to be legally employed, you will need a Cambodia work permit, but you do not need a work permit to get a visa. The ordinary visa is a multiple entry visa for the 6 and 12 months only, and once expatriates get the first 30 days visa, they can extend it from inside the country for 1,3,6 and 12 months. The 1 and 3 months ordinary visa is a single entry visa, for example, if you leave for a weekend trip to Vietnam, you’ll need to get a new Cambodian visa when you return. The important thing expatriates need to know about the Cambodia visa is that if you are planning on getting a visa on arrival, some airlines will not allow you to enter the country on a one-way ticket.


Cambodian retirement visa (ER class) is a new type visa for retirees begins issuing in August 2016 onward. The visa is a one-year time with renewable visa. The holders of retirement visa don’t need work permit to enter into Cambodia. In order to apply for an ER retirement visa, foreigners will need to show proof of financial stability and retiree status from their home country. Those on the retirement visa, like other foreigners, will not be allowed to purchase houses or land. Many may feel uncomfortable providing the Cambodian government the details of their bank accounts and savings in their home country, and probably for good reason. All worldwide income is taxable in Cambodia for those who spend more than 182 days per year in the country. Although it’s not clear if pensions are included, reporting those pensions may open retirees up to Cambodia tax obligations. Proving retirement status might be difficult, depending on your own personal circumstances.

By contrast, as it’s currently announced the Cambodia retirement visa grants holders no specific rights. On the other hand, if the requirement for work permits becomes universally required in the future, Cambodia’s retirement visa might be a good bet for those who qualify.

The documents need to be submitted for applying visa are
• A passport that is valid for at least another three to six months (reports vary, but they aren’t usually very concerned about this) and has at least one blank page
• A passport-size photo (if you don’t have this, you can just pay a $2 fee)

And, the places expatriates can apply for visas are at the airport, Cambodia embassy, and a land border crossing.

Currently, Cambodian visas cannot be renewed online. The process needs to be done at the Department of Immigration.

If you have a 30-day tourist visa, you can extend it one time for an additional 30 days for a fee of $45. If you have an ordinary visa (E class) you can extend it for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months for between $45 and $300.

Categories: Travel Guide

Recommended Posts

Leave a Reply